Special Topics Courses
Special topics courses for Spring 2020
- Math 518-001 - Topics on Moduli Problems – (Yi Hu)
- Math 529-001 - Riemann-Hilbert Problems and Their Applications - (Nick Ercolani)
- Math 538-001 - Topology in Physics – (Sergey Cherkis)
- Math 538-002 - Discrete Geometry and Geometric Graph Theory – (David Glickenstein)
- Math 538-003 - Symplectic Geometry and Integrable Systems – (Anton Izosimov)
- Math 577-001 - Advanced Linear Algebra for Data Science – (Keaton Hamm)
- Math 577-002 - A Look Inside the “Nature of Computation” – (Marek Rychlik)
- Math 577-002 - Topics in Discrete Probability – (Sunder Sethuraman)
Curious what sorts of special topics courses were offered in the past? Please consult the Special Topics Course Archive.
Identifying Special Topics courses
The following university course catalog numbers are reserved for Special Topics courses: 518, 519, 529, 538, 577, 588.
When a Special Topics course is announced, it will be open but with the designation TBA. If there is sufficient student demand for the course, and the department has the resources to cover all its other teaching obligations, the course will be properly scheduled. Otherwise the course will be cancelled.