Exam and Transfer Credits
Transfer Math Credit
Do you have college math credit, or want to see if a college math course will transfer to UA? Many courses or exams (credit by exam) automatically award UA credit.
FIRST: Check these lists to see if your course automatically transfers to UA for credit.
Arizona Institutions | Out-of-Arizona Institutions | International Credit | AP, IB, CLEP, CIE
SECOND: If your course or exam is not listed, or your course has already transferred in as Math 1tr or Math 3tr, submit an evaluation.
Transfer Course Evaluation Form for courses already completed or
Transfer Course Evaluation Form to pre-approve a course before taking it
For courses or credit that have already been completed, check the THIRD item below. If your credit is not in the UA system, you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript in your evaluation form.
For Transfer Course Evaluations:
- If you do not yet have a UA SID or NET ID, just put in 00000000.
- Note that you are asked to provide links to ALL Math (and Statistics if applicable) course descriptions, not just the description of the course that you took or want to take. Failure to provide this will delay your evaluation.
- Online, correspondence, or distance learning courses are not approved unless ALL exams are proctored and proctored exams account for more than 50% of the overall grade. All exams must be proctored, not just the final, as part of the course requirements for all students taking the course. Please provide the course syllabus, with grading policy and exam policy with your evaluation. Again, we do not accept courses if proctored exams are not required for all students, and do not account for more than 50% of the overall grade.
- The evaluation process usually takes one to two weeks to complete. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Note that in order to qualify for courses at or below the level of UA Calculus I, students need a recent and appropriate prerequisite (last 3 full semesters, 18 months), or a sufficient PPL Assessment (Math Placement Test) score.
THIRD: Is your credit in the UA system?
- You can follow these instructions to check.
- If your credit is not in the UA system and you need to add the next course, if appropriate, you will need to provide an unofficial transcript to the Math Placement Office.
- Transfer students can bring an unofficial transcript to Math advising at orientation.
Recent Transfer credit may be used for placement into UA Math courses. Students also need to have official transcripts or scores sent to the UA Office of the Registrar.
If you believe that you have met a Math course registration requirement, but cannot register, contact the Placement Office.
Credit Hours - The Math Department does not determine the number of credits that transfer in from a particular institution. Questions regarding this should be directed to the Office of the Registrar. Quarter system units are converted to semester units by multiplying the units by 2/3.
International Transfer Credits - If your math course is from outside the U.S. and course information is not available online, you can bring your catalog course descriptions to math advising at your orientation or to the Math Academic Office in Mathematics Room 108.