Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test) Knowledge Base
1. Math Placement General Information
- 1.1. Math Placement Scores and General Information
- 1.2. Do I have to take the highest course I place into?
- 1.3. Do my test scores expire?
- 1.4. What SAT I MSS, ACT MATH , or PPL score do I need to register for a MATH course?
- 1.5. Can I use my High School Math Course for Placement into a UA Math Course?
- 1.6. I want to try to place into a higher math course for fall. What are my options?
- 1.7. How do I submit my SAT/ACT/AP scores or official transcript (college credit)?
- 1.8. What resources and support are available to me while taking my UArizona Math course(s)?
- 1.9. Placement Chart and MPLF Scores
2. PPL Assessment (Math Placement Test)
- 2.1. About the PPL Assessment- (Math Placement Test) Rules, Fees, Important Information
- 2.2. Should I take the PPL Assessment?
- 2.3. Study/Prepare- How can I study and prepare before the PPL Assessment?
- 2.4. Take the PPL- How can I take the PPL Assessment to test and/or retest?
- 2.5. After the test- What happens after I take the PPL Assessment?
- 2.6. Review/Retake- How can I review and retake the PPL Assessment? Use the free Prep and Learning Module.
- 2.7. Accommodations- Are there accommodations available if I am registered with the Disability Resource Center (DRC)?
- 2.8. Troubleshooting- I am having trouble taking the PPL Assessment
- 2.9. In-Person Testing (PPL Assessment)
3. Respondus Monitor Information and Troubleshooting
- 3.1. About Respondus Monitor and Online Proctoring
- 3.2. General Troubleshooting and Errors
- 3.3. Check System Requirements
- 3.4. Unable to launch Respondus Monitor
- 3.5. Begin Exam Button is Missing or Unresponsive
- 3.6. Chat with Respondus Monitor Assistance
- 3.7. I have a Chromebook
- 3.8. Contact Respondus
4. MATH Credit by Exam & Transfer Credits
- 4.1. Transfer Math Courses and which courses require an evaluation/pre-approval
- 4.2. I want to take a math course at another college to obtain UA credit and/or improve my UA math placement. What do I need to do?
- 4.3. I have Math credit for International Baccalaureate - IB
- 4.4. I have Math credit for the Cambridge International Examination or Pearson Edexcel International:
- 4.5. I have CLEP Math credit
- 4.6. I have Advanced Placement (AP) AB, BC, or Statistics Exam Credit
- 4.7. I took the AP Calculus exam (AB or BC) in May of this year and don’t have my score yet.
- 4.8. I have college math credit. What course can I take next?
- 4.9. I have credit for AP Statistics. What does this count for? What course can I take next?
- 4.10. I have AP or other Calculus credit, how do I know if I am ready to take the “next” course?
- 4.11. Credit by Exam
- 4.12. Is my transfer or AP (or other) credit in the UA system?
- 4.13. Transfer Credit Evaluation: Does my Transfer Math course need to be evaluated?
- 4.14. Transfer Credit Pre-Approval: Does the course I’m planning on taking at another institution need to be pre-approved?
5. Course Placement
- 6.1. If I wait until classes start, can I ask a math instructor to sign me into a course?
- 6.2. I have met the prerequisite/placement requirements, yet am unable to register. What's going on?
- 6.3. I am currently enrolled in a math course at Pima Community College (or other institution). Will I be able to pre-register for the next math course at the UA?
- 6.4. I want to take a course below the level of a course I have already completed. Can I do that?
- 6.5. My major requires MATH 125, but what if I only place into MATH 122A/B. Is that a problem?
- 6.6. I took a placement test at my other college. Can I use those results for placement at the UA?
- 6.7. I took the UA Math Placement Test back when I was a freshman, but I have not yet taken any math courses. Do I need to take the Math Placement Test again?
7. First and Second Year Math Courses
- 7.1. Review and Prepare for Math Courses, Tips for Success
- 7.2. Fall Schedule For Success, Math 100 and SAS 100AX
- 7.3. Math 100- Math Lab, Review Course to Prepare Students for Math 106, 107, 108, 112 (Depending on Major)
- 7.4. Math 106- For Students in the College of Education
- 7.5. Math 107- For Students in SBS, PSYCBA, and a few other majors.
- 7.6. Math 108- For Architecture and Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences
- 7.7. Math 112- College Algebra
- 7.8. Math 113- Overview of Calculus for Psychological Sciences, Pharmacy, Econ, Speech Language Hearing Sci (after Math 108), and a few other majors
- 7.9. Math 116- Calculus for Business and Related Majors
- 7.10. Math 119A- Special Calculus Course with Biological Emphasis, alternative for Biology, EEB, MCB, and a few other majors
- 7.11. Math 163- Basic Statistics
- 7.12. Math 263- Intro to Statistics and BioStatistics
- 7.13. Math 120R-Precalc
- 7.14. Math 122A- Math 122A+122B is our Recommended Calculus Sequence
- 7.15. Math 122B-Taken along with Math 122A
- 7.16. Math 125- Accelerated Calculus for Students Who have Experience with Calculus.
- 7.17. Math 129- Calc II
- 7.18. Math 223- Vector Calc (Calc III)
- 7.19. Math 254-Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations
- 7.20. Math 302A - For Elementary Education Teaching Majors
- 7.21. Math 302B - For Elementary Ed Teaching Majors
- 7.22. Phil 110 - For Majors in Fine Arts, Humanities, some SBS, and other selected majors
- 7.23. Ling 123 - For Majors in Fine Arts, Humanities, some SBS and other selected majors
- 7.24. SBS 200 - Statistics for the Social Sciences
- 7.25. Other Math Courses
Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test): Printer Friendly Version