4.8. I have college math credit. What course can I take next?
Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test) → MATH Credit by Exam & Transfer Credits → I have college math credit. What course can I take next?
If you have college math credit, you may qualify for UA MATH or other courses. Note that high school dual enrollment credit does not guarantee you are ready for the next UA Math course. You should review the final exam study guides to make sure you are ready.
Course registration and transfer prerequisites, in general:
- Entry into Math 108 or 112 is through recent test scores only (PPL for Math 100 final for any student, SAT/ACT Math for first year students only).
- Below the level of Calculus I (Math 122A/B, 125): *For courses in bold below, prerequisites must be less than 2 years old. This list includes Math 106, 107, 113, 116, 119A, 120R, 122A/B, 263, 302A.
- Entry into Math 125 is through AP credit for Math 125, or test scores only (PPL for any student, SAT/ACT Math for first year students only).
- At or above the level of Calculus II (Math 129): For entry into MATH courses at or above the level of Calculus II (Math 129), you need the correct prerequisite. If the course is more than 2 years old, you can still register at this level, but may want to first review.
- To find registration information about other courses, check here.
The chart below gives the transfer or dual enrollment prerequisite for some of our courses.
Transfer Math Credit/Prerequisite
*denotes that transfer prerequisite it must be less than 2 years old, or student will need to take the PPL Assessment.
|Recommended review to make sure you know the content of UArizona courses.|
|Intermediate Algebra like PIma MAT 095/097||Math *106, *107|
|Math 107, Understanding Data||SBS 200, ISTA 116, AREC 239, *Math 302A|
|Math 112, College Algebra||
Courses listed above and
Math *113, *116 (after MIS 111), *120R, *119A, 163, *263
MCB 181L/R, CHEM 141/151, PHYS 102, other courses
Math 113, Elements of Calculus
Math 116, Calculus Concepts for Business
Courses listed above and
|Review UA Math 112 Final Exam Study Guide|
|Math 120R, Calculus Preparation||Courses listed above and MATH*122A/B||Review UA Math 120R Exam Study Guides|
|Math 122B or Math 125, Calculus I||Math 129||Review UA Math 122B/125 Final Exam Study Guide|
|Math 129, Calculus II||Math 223, Math 254, Math 313||Review UA Math 129 Final Exam Study Guide|
|Other Math credit||Check here, or consult your advisor||See course websites.|
If you are a first year student, you may also qualify through sufficient SAT or ACT Math scores. Student may also be able to take the PPL Assessment to try to qualify for a Math course. SAT, ACT, and PPL score expire after 1 year.