5.2. Satisfy G-Strand (Math 105, PHIL 110) Math Requirement Through PPL Assessment Score
Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test) → Course Placement → Satisfy G-Strand (Math 105, PHIL 110) Math Requirement Through PPL Assessment Score
This only applies toward majors in the College of Fine Arts, Humanities, Education, or majors in SBS and CLAS who can take Math 105, Math 106, or PHIL 110 to satisfy their foundation math requirement. If you are not sure, check your Academic Advisement Report in Uaccess Student or consult your Academic Advisor.
Students may satisfy the Math 105, Math 106, or PHIL 110 requirement through the PPL Assessment (math placement test). Please see rules below.
- The student can take the examination twice during the student's first year at UA.
- This is a proctored test administered through Respondus, or through the Math Department on certain dates.
- There is a fee for taking this test, generally a $26 testing fee. There may be an additional proctoring fee.
- A score of 60% or higher is required on the PPL Assessment.
- Click here for testing information and instructions.
- Contact the Math Placement Office or your Academic Advisor if you have additional questions