3.5. Begin Exam Button is Missing or Unresponsive
Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test) → Respondus Monitor Information and Troubleshooting → Begin Exam Button is Missing or Unresponsive
If the "Begin Exam" button is missing or unresponsive, it is typically caused by a poor connection. See photo below.
To help minimize this problem, we recommend that students try the following:
1) Restart the modem/router to help establish the best possible internet signal.
2) Shut down all bandwidth-intensive apps that might be running on the network (Netflix, Prime, YouTube, etc.).
3) Use a hard-wired Ethernet connection, if possible.
4) If a hard-wired connection is not possible, be as close to the router or access point as possible.
5) Restart the computer, and after it restarts shut down all other programs running on the computer.
6) Try again.
If the issue persists, it may help to use a different internet connection.